Yarnpoint Knitters is a Knitting Co-operative that has been operating for over 15 years. They speciallize in producing hand-knit items from very high quality yarns. Their web site was established in 2003.
About Yarn Point Knitters
Location: English Harbour West, Newfoundland
Business Size: >10 Employees
Project Length: 65 Days
Goals / Objectives / Requirements
In 2003 Yarnpoit Knitters undertook a large re-vamp of their marketing materials. They contracted a photographer to build a large portfolio of photos that illustrated their high quality product.
We were contacted to build them a web presence. They wanted to use these expensive images to establish a web presence.
Our needs assessment:
- Build a black & white site in the vein of a fashion magazine that causes the rich color of their stock images to “pop”.
- Use a minimum of text, focussing on just the right words.
- Feature clearly the 26 yarn colours that they offer.
To maximize impact, we decided to build a custom web site from scratch. The graphic design and layout were done over the period of about a month. A custom flash application was developed to creatively illustrate their color options.
- Custom Graphic Design & Layout
- Development of a Custom Html Page Template
- Image Editing / Enhancement
- Custom Flash Development
- Search Engine Optimization
- Marketing Strategy
- Web Hosting