DiningInfo.ca has been in operation since 2008. The site is a Web directory that features all of the Restaurants located within Newfoundland, Canada. Restaurants are classified via a set of intuitive categories, and by their Geographical location.
Location: St. John’s, Newfoundland
Business Size: 2 Employees
Project Length: 55 Days
Goals / Objectives / Requirements
The owner of DiningInfo.ca approached us with an idea – Build an online Directory of all the restaurants that were located in the Province of Newfoundland.
From a strategic point, it was a very good idea, as no such directory existed at that time.
Our needs assessment:
- use a commercially available directory software to handle the inner workings of the site such as account management & category organization.
- customize the graphics & layout of the software to give a look and feel that would be appealing to both their viewers and the restaurant owners.
- custom program any functionality that was lacking in the pre-packaged software solution
To increase the speed of deployment, as well as keeping costs down we licensed a commercially available directory engine. This software was deployed in a few hours. This allowed our client to add listings for the restaurants while we worked on the overall layout & design of the site, which shortened the development time significantly.
- Directory Theme Customization, Both Graphic Design & Layout
- Custom PHP programming & Database Development
- Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Hosting