AmericanVehicles.ca has been in operation since 2009. The site is a showcase for vehicles that are imported fom sources in the United States. Their “lot” is 100% virtual.
Location: St. John’s, Newfoundland
Business Size: 2 Employees
Project Length: 22 Days
Goals / Objectives / Requirements
The owner of AmericanVehicles.ca approached us with a unique idea – to build an online Vehicle Lot. One that was 100% virtual, with no physical lot.
This approach presents a significant problem. How will traded vehicles be handled?
Finally, the site needed to be completed in a hurry (3 weeks!)
Our needs assessment:
- Build a site that allows customers to sell their vehicles directly. Much as a classified ad site does. In the same space in which AmericanVehicles.ca were selling their own vehicles.
- Use a commercially available classified ad software to handle the inner workings of the site such as account management & category organization.
- Customize the bland graphics & layout of the pre-packaged software so as to establish a look and feel that would be appealing to both their purchasers and sellers.
- Custom program any functionality that was lacking in the pre-packaged software solution
To increase the speed of deployment, as well as keeping costs down we licensed a commercially available directory engine. This software was deployed in a few hours. This allowed our client to add their vehicles while we worked on the overall layout & design of the site. This shortened the development time significantly. We also made quite a few modifications to the functionality of the programs that extracted site data from the database.
- Directory Theme Customization, Both Graphic Design & Layout
- Logo Design
- Custom PHP programming & Database Development
- Database Management & Administration
- Marketing Strategy
- Extensive Consultation
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Hosting